Etsy shop owners are concerned about the Etsy shipping labels they use to send items to their Etsy clients. They want to be sure that they’re using Etsy shipping labels that will endure and acquire them at a reasonable price.
This blog article will assist you in Purchasing Etsy shipping labels and printing them in 2021!
What are Etsy Shipping Labels?
Table of Contents
- 1 What are Etsy Shipping Labels?
- 2 How do Etsy shipping labels work?
- 3 How to Purchase Etsy Shipping Labels?
- 4 What information is required when I purchase an Etsy shipping label?
- 5 What customs information is required when I purchase an international shipping label?
- 6 How do I buy a Shipping label with calculated shipping?
- 7 How to Print an Etsy Shipping Label?
- 8 How to attach an Etsy shipping label
- 9 What printer should I use?
- 10 How to print Etsy shipping labels with a 4 x 6 label printer
- 11 How to reprint an Etsy Shipping label with changes
- 12 Steps to Print Shipping Labels on Etsy App
- 13 FAQ on Etsy Shipping Labels
- 14 Conclusion on Etsy Shipping Labels
An Etsy shipping label is a type of identification label that may be used to identify and describe the contents of a container or package. These labels include critical information such as addresses, names, weight, and tracking barcodes.
How do Etsy shipping labels work?
The following data should be included on a contemporary Etsy shipping label::
- Origin and destination address
- A bar code for tracking
- Weight of the package
- Priority of the order
- Internal shipping information
The following data is critical for getting your items to where they need to go as quickly as possible. This is especially true if you have more than one shipping choice since your consumers want to get what they ordered and anticipated.
The image below is a representation of an Etsy shipping label. The shipping carrier you choose to use to send your items may have additional boxes on its recommended labels.
Without a valid Etsy shipping label, orders might be delayed in transit, sent to the wrong home, or lost entirely. Any of these events is bad for your business or causes customers to lose trust, making a clear shipping label all the more essential.
How to Purchase Etsy Shipping Labels?
If you use one of the carriers listed below, you may purchase an Etsy shipping label that can be printed from the comfort of your own home or office. This means less time waiting in line at the post office, access to postage discounts, and the ability to quickly request refunds for unused labels.
When using shipping labels purchased on Etsy, the use of them positively improves your Star Seller rating.
We offer labels for the following carriers:
- Australia Post
- Global Postal Shipping
- Royal Mail
- Canada Post
How To buy shipping labels on Etsy:
- Go to Shop Manager by clicking on the name of your store under “My Account.”
- Go to Orders & Shipping.
- Find out where you’ll need a shipping label.
- To purchase a shipping label, select the van icon.
- Under Get shipping labels, double-check that your address is correct. If you need to change your address, go to Edit.
- On the right side of the screen, next to “Ship to,” double-check that the buyer’s address is correct. If you need to change their address, select “Edit.”
- Fill out the Shipping Information for the package. Find out more about shipping information.
- Fill out the customs form if you’re sending this order internationally.
- To get a detailed look at your purchase, go to “My Account,” then select “Purchase History” from the drop-down menu. Select “Review Your Purchase” to view a summary of your purchase.
- Select the documents you wish to print and then choose Customize options to pick a download preference for your label(s).
- Click Purchase.
After your purchase is complete, a shipping notification is sent to your buyer, and the status of your order changes to Complete. You can then print your Etsy shipping label after that.
Select Purchased labels from your Completed orders tab to see all of your purchased labels.
What information is required when I purchase an Etsy shipping label?
The delivery information aids us in determining the cost of your Etsy shipping label.
- Package weight: The weight of the package.
- Package-Type: The Package Type is determined by how you package the order.
- Length, Width, Height: The size of your package in terms of its physical dimensions. Fill in the length, width, and height of your package.
- Delivery service: The delivery service influences how quickly the purchase is sent, as well as how much it costs to send.
What customs information is required when I purchase an international shipping label?
When you buy a foreign label, all of the items in this order must be weighed, valued, and described correctly for customs purposes. The shipment’s totals will be calculated using this weight and value. An optional tariff number may also be added.
Different services and destinations have different documentation needs. Before sending, double-check what’s required on the carrier’s website. It is your duty to ensure that all necessary information is submitted.
How do I buy a Shipping label with calculated shipping?
Etsy supports calculating shipping for sellers who use USPS or Canada Post. Calculated shipping allows you to enter the details of your package using a built-in calculator.
To purchase a shipping label generated with calculated delivery, double-check the information and choose to Confirm and buy. You may alter or modify the package information for your Etsy orders before purchasing a shipping label.
How to Print an Etsy Shipping Label?
You need to take action after purchasing an Etsy shipping label. You must download and print the label as soon as possible since the order’s Ship Date has passed.
Printing and attaching your label to your package has several steps:
- Download a shipping label
- Print a shipping label
- Attach a shipping label to a package
How to download an Etsy shipping label
To download a shipping label:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Open Shop Manager.
- Select Orders & Shipping.
- Click the order for the shipping label you want to reprint.
- Click Download Shipping Label.
How to print an Etsy shipping label
After you’ve downloaded your Etsy shipping label(s), you’ll need to print it out.
To print your shipping label(s):
- Open the downloaded PDFs.
- Select to Print the PDF. This is generally found in the drop-down File option.
- Select the paper size you’ll be printing on. If you’re printing on label paper, make sure it’s set to “4 in. x 6 in.” in your printer settings.
- If the preview shows an error, double-check that the label is properly formatted. Package scanners may not be able to read your label if it doesn’t have the proper aspect ratio, and your package will not arrive on time.
- Select Print.
How to attach an Etsy shipping label
You must attach the shipping label(s) you created to your container after you print them.
#1: Paper labels
Attach a paper shipping label to the top of your box using clear packaging tape to identify it. Make sure the label’s barcode is visible. Labels should be completely distinct and cannot be changed or tampered with in any way.
Several pages are required for some international shipping labels. An official USPS envelope 2976-E must be used to attach the multi-page form.
#2: Sticker labels
Peel the paper backing off of the adhesive backing on the pages and adhere them to the package by placing the adhesive backing on top.
What printer should I use?
Etsy shipping labels must be created on 8.5″ x 11″ white paper or self-adhesive label sheets using a high-quality inkjet or laser printer. When creating an inkjet print, 600 dots-per-inch (DPI) is suggested.
If your carrier rejects your label because it is low-quality, you’ll have to reorder.
How to print Etsy shipping labels with a 4 x 6 label printer
Only USPS-provided shipping labels may be customized for 4 x 6 label printers.
To prepare shipping labels for the DYMO LabelWriter 4XL or Zebra GC 420d label printer, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Select Shop Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Choose Shipping settings.
- Click Shipping Label Options.
- Please select Format my labels for 4×6 Label printers from the drop-down menu.
How to reprint an Etsy Shipping label with changes
When it’s time to replace a label that needs to be changed or updated, follow these steps.
- Request a refund if you don’t want to keep the wrong label.
- Click Print New Shipping Label after submitting your refund request.
- Replace the label with a new one, following the updated label specifications.
- Your buyer will receive the tracking information and the new purchases at their email address just as you do. The seller must click Confirm and Purchase after entering the tracking number on the product page. With an updated message and tracking number, you may send a fresh shipping notification to your buyer.
If you’ve specified a Ship Date for a future day, the delivery notification will be sent on that date.
Steps to Print Shipping Labels on Etsy App
You can create shipping labels right from Etsy if you utilize USPS as your Etsy goods delivery method and have signed up for Direct Checkout or have had your shop up and running for a specific number of months.
Delivery confirmation is included when you print your label on Etsy; if you want insurance, you may opt for it. Labels will be charged to your Etsy account.
Be aware: Each shop on Etsy has an allotted budget for shipping labels. When your shop’s budget is exceeded, you must pay your Etsy invoice before purchasing and printing additional shipping labels. Your shop’s budget will rise each time you pay your Etsy invoice.
Etsy has a feature called the “batch shipping label.” You may use this to print and attach multiple shipping labels at once. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the Orders section of Your Shop, click the Etsy Shipping Labels link.
- On the Buy Postage screen, choose the items for which you want to purchase shipping labels and provide each with the required information.
- Review the order.
- Click the Confirm and Purchase button to purchase the labels.
- Select the Send Purchase Notifications option.
- Etsy will handle your labels and send shipping notifications to your purchasers.
- Click the Download Shipping Labels button, and print them as normal.
FAQ on Etsy Shipping Labels
Are Etsy shipping labels cheaper?
We’ve found that using Etsy Labels is less expensive than transporting your packages to the local post office. It’s really more cost-effective to print your labels at home, trust us. You will never have to wait in line at the post office again.
Do I have to use Etsy shipping labels?
You don’t have to use Etsy shipping label. You may make your own label and then pay the stamp at the post office.
Why can’t I purchase an Etsy shipping label?
You may not be able to buy Etsy shipping labels for the following reasons: You’re using the Sell on Etsy app instead of Etsy.com. Only on Etsy are you allowed to purchase shipping labels. You may not live in a country where we provide shipping labels.
Can you handwrite an Etsy shipping label?
You can write the delivery address by hand (as long as it is eligible), but you’ll still need a carrier barcode, which must be supplied by the carrier. Handwriting shipping addresses might become time-consuming depending on the amount of orders you’re processing.
How do I change the shipping label on Etsy?
From your Orders page, go to Get labels on the order you wish to change. To modify their address, select Edit next to Ship to. Change the buyer’s address. Save the changes.
Conclusion on Etsy Shipping Labels
An Etsy shipping label is a form of identification label that provides details about and identifies the contents of a container or package. These labels include essential data like home addresses, names, weight, and tracking barcodes.
You must then download and print the shipping label after you buy one from Etsy. You may use a shipping label as often as necessary until the order’s Ship Date has passed, including after the original date of delivery.
The process of printing your Shipping label and placing it on your package has three stages:
- Download a shipping label
- Print a shipping label
- Attach a shipping label to a package