Etsy is one of the most popular online stores to buy handmade and vintage items. Etsy order tracking can be a little confusing for new Etsy shoppers, but we’re here to help!
With this blog post, we’ll go over all you need to know about Etsy order tracking: what it is and how you can track your Etsy orders in 2022.
Before that let’s look at what is Etsy? & is it safe to buy from Etsy?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Etsy?
- 2 Is Etsy safe?
- 3 Etsy Order tracking Statuses: Explained
- 4 How do Etsy order tracking?
- 5 How to do Etsy order tracking via the Etsy website
- 6 How to do Etsy Order tracking via the Etsy app
- 7 How to do Etsy Order tracking as a guest
- 8 How long does it take for Etsy to ship?
- 9 What Is an Estimated Delivery Date in Etsy?
- 10 How much does it cost to ship on Etsy?
- 11 What to Do When My Etsy order stuck in transit?
- 12 How long do Etsy packages stay in pre-transit?
- 13 What Do I Do If I Didn’t Receive My Order or Item is Missing?
- 14 FAQ on Etsy Order tracking
- 15 Summary on Etsy Order Tracking
What is Etsy?
Etsy is an online marketplace that specializes in selling old or handcrafted items and craft supplies. These goods are available in a variety of categories, including bags, art, jewelry, home decor, furniture, clothing, toys, and craft supplies.
Handmade items must be at least 20 years old. In this market, sellers have personal fronts where they list all of their products for a charge of $0.20 per item.
Is Etsy safe?
If you’ve been wondering if Etsy is secure and whether its vendors are trustworthy, the answer is yes.
Etsy is really secure; just remember to check the Etsy store policies and shipping details before placing an order. Etsy is a billion-dollar company, so you can have confidence in it when making purchases.
Etsy Order tracking Statuses: Explained
While doing the Etsy order tracking, you could see the following different statuses for your order:
- Shipped: When an order is marked as shipped, the status of “Shipped” appears.
- Not Shipped: This implies the seller has not Shipped your order or did not update the ordering information on Etsy.
- In Transit: The seller has given an Etsy tracking number and the item has been transferred from the shipping facility.
- Track Package: You can track your order if the shipment is provided with a tracking number by the seller. Track your package by selecting Package and then Track Package.
You may review shipping information from emails regarding your purchase as well. To learn more about the status of your shipment, go to the email notification and click on Track Package.
How do Etsy order tracking?
On the Purchases page on Etsy.com, or the Etsy app, you may monitor the progress of your purchase.
Most of the time, once an order is shipped, it is handed over to delivery partners such as FedEx, United States Postal Service, and UPS.
When you’ve finally discovered the elusive vintage necklace on Etsy that you’ve been looking for, it’s only natural that you’d want to receive your purchase as soon as possible.
Fortunately, both the Etsy website and mobile app enable you to keep track of orders you place through your account. There are, however, a number of restrictions.
To begin, Etsy sellers are not required to provide tracking information unless they make clear that they will supply a tracking number. Etsy will always inform you when the purchase has been delivered, but you won’t be given a tracking number to follow the shipment’s progress. This implies that if there is a delay, you must contact the vendor directly.
Secondly, if you don’t have an Etsy account, you won’t be able to use the website or app for tracking. Instead, look for a shipment email.
How to do Etsy order tracking via the Etsy website
1. Click the “Sign in” button in the top-right corner of the Etsy homepage to log into your account.
2. Click the “You” icon in the top-right corner and then “Purchases and Reviews.”
You can access your purchases right from Etsy’s homepage.
3. Look for the “Track Package” option adjacent to the purchased item you wish to track. If it isn’t there, even though your product has been flagged as delivered, it indicates that the merchant is not providing tracking numbers.
If you don’t see any results, it’s probably because tracking isn’t enabled.
How to do Etsy Order tracking via the Etsy app
1. Open the Etsy app and verify that you’re logged in.
2. Tap “You” in the bottom toolbar, then choose “Purchases & Reviews.”
3. Look for the shipment status to the right of the store’s name once you’ve scrolled down until you’ve found what you’re looking for. If it’s available, there’ll be a “Track Package” option – click this to obtain tracking information. The seller won’t provide a tracking number if it isn’t there.
To see where your delivery is, tap “Track Package.”
How to do Etsy Order tracking as a guest
If you used Etsy as a guest and don’t already have an account, keep an eye on your inbox for notifications of delivery.
When the item is sent, you’ll usually be notified. If the seller provides more precise tracking data, it will also be included in this email.
Not all carriers offer Etsy package tracking information. You may always contact the business to find out if they keep track of your order. If you have any questions about your package or if the Etsy parcel tracking information is missing, you may always contact the vendor of your product for assistance. Alternatively, you can reach out to Etsy customer service.
How long does it take for Etsy to ship?
The time it takes for items to travel from sellers to your final destination is determined by two things:
- Firstly, It all depends on how long it takes for Etsy sellers to complete their items.
It takes time to prepare items for shipment. This also includes appropriate packing and applying shipping labeling to boxes. If your products are handmade, sellers may require some time to fine-tune them.
- Secondly, It’s all up to you and your Etsy delivery choices.
Whether an item has to be shipped to foreign countries is one of the concerns addressed by Etsy’s shipping policies. To learn more about store shipping standards, go to Etsy’s shipping policies page and look for “shipping time.” if a seller does not specify processing time for an item, it will be set to 5 days automatically.
The process of shipping to a different country might take 10 days or 2 days, depending on the destination. Then Etsy combines an expected processing time and a maximum shipping time to determine the overall Etsy delivery period.
What Is an Estimated Delivery Date in Etsy?
The estimated delivery date is when your purchase should arrive. The processing time for the things you ordered (how long it takes the vendor to make and prepare them for shipment) is used to determine the estimated delivery date in most cases. Today’s date is also taken into account.
Processing time + Carrier transit time + 1 day = Estimated Delivery Date
For example: If the processing time for an item you ordered is 3-5 days and the transit duration for the chosen shipping method is usually 2-4 days, your estimated delivery date is 5-9 days from today.
It is important to consider that not all orders will have estimated delivery dates. The seller has control over the shipping settings for each order, which determines the estimated delivery date.
How much does it cost to ship on Etsy?
Etsy charges for delivery are determined by how far the buyer is from the seller, as well as the size and weight of the product being bought.
You can get tracking information by visiting the product page. After that, click on “Shipping and Policies” and then select your country from the drop-down menu labeled “Shipping To.” If you’re buying from the United States, be sure to include your ZIP code so that we may calculate how much it will cost to ship your order.
You can also calculate how much you’ll pay for shipping using Price Your Postage, which is a tool that estimates the cost of shipping.
To obtain shipping information, pick whether you want to send goods to a domestic address or an international location. Then key in your ZIP Code and the details of the product, such as weight and size. After that, click Calculate Prices.
What to Do When My Etsy order stuck in transit?
When packages are delayed, it’s really aggravating. You can try asking the seller to file a “where is my mail” claim with the USPS on the vendor website. It may take two to three tries; tracking indicates “Moving to the following facility for 3-5 days,” which is when you should file a claim. It will take approximately 3 days for them to discover your package. If the seller cannot locate your item, he or she should contact customer care.
If you’re still waiting for a package that’s been marked as delivered but hasn’t arrived, try calling or sending a missing mail request first. It’s not unusual for some delay to occur even with Priority Mail in these times.
If you linked your shipping label to Etsy, it’s automatically covered for up to $100 in Priority Mail. After 15 days, you can make an insurance claim for lost or misdirected mail on the USPS website.
How long do Etsy packages stay in pre-transit?
It may remain in Pre-Transit for up to two days until the seller hands over the box to the shipper and it is scanned into tracking.
The shipping label is often printed days before the product is ready to leave.
Sometimes, the shipper does not scan the package into the system. My postman has picked up a few packages and then been overlooked in the initial scanning process on one or two occasions. I couldn’t find it until one of the stops on my route to delivery scanned it in.
What Do I Do If I Didn’t Receive My Order or Item is Missing?
If you haven’t received your purchase, see if the store has yet sent it.
If your order hasn’t been shipped, contact the retailer to discover when it will be delivered.
If you bought an item, look to see whether the seller included tracking information when it was shipped. The shipping carrier usually provides status updates on where your purchase is in transit.
If you don’t get a tracking number, contact the seller to see whether they have tracking information for your purchase.
If your purchase is delivered but you haven’t received the item, there are a few things you can try.
- Make a call to check with neighbors and see whether the box was delivered by mistake.
- Locate your package with the help of your local post office. Give them the tracking number, name of the shipping service, and address where you will be receiving it. You may need to contact the seller for some of this data.
- Inquire as to whether the seller will assist you by filing a claim with your shipping service.
FAQ on Etsy Order tracking
Can I track orders from Etsy?
Yes, you can check the status of your purchase on Etsy. You may do so through the Etsy app or on etsy.com. If the seller-provided tracking information, you may see when your order is expected to arrive. You can get notifications when your order ships and, even better, when it arrives using the Etsy app.
Does Etsy send the tracking numbers to customers?
If you buy shipping labels on Etsy, they are included in the shipment’s tracking immediately and your purchase is marked as completed when the label is scanned by your shipping carrier. When you finish an order, manually enter the tracking information.
How do I know when my Etsy order will arrive?
To see the estimated delivery date for your order on Etsy.com:
- Step#1: On Etsy.com, click the Your Account icon.
- Step#2: Click Purchases and reviews.
- Step#3: If available, the estimated delivery date will be to the right of your order.
How long does an Etsy order take to ship to us?
In general, Etsy predicts that shipping domestically will take 3-7 business days, depending on the mail class selected by the client. This will vary by country depending on how the various postal services function.
Can I track my Etsy package with the order number?
No, the order number will not help you track your Etsy shipment. The tracking number and order number are two separate identifiers. Buyers can only follow their package using a tracking number; they cannot use the order number to track it.
Summary on Etsy Order Tracking
To summarize everything above, you may always check the status of your shipment on the Etsy app or on Etsy’s official website. If the seller has supplied information, you can simply see where the order has been delivered and how long it will take to reach your area.
To track your Etsy order information, follow the following steps:
- Sign in to Etsy.com or Etsy app. If you do not have an account, first go create one.
- Next, click on the “My Account” icon.
- Then, select “Purchases and Reviews”.
- Go to find your order on the Etsy app/website and then click on your order.
- To the right of your order, you will see details.