Etsy vacation mode is a new Etsy feature that will allow Etsy sellers to take time off of Etsy and still have their listings up.
This is an exciting new innovation for Etsy sellers who want to take some time away from the Etsy platform but don’t want to lose all of their hard work and efforts.
If you’re thinking about using this new feature, read on for more information about how it works!
It feels fantastic to be your own employer, on the whole. The disadvantage of being the only person working in your company is that you seldom get a chance to relax. It’s fine. You can simply shut down your Etsy store and take a break using Etsy vacation mode.
In this post, we’ll discuss Etsy Vacation mode and why it’s a good and bad idea. How to make the most of this function to run your company effectively.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Etsy vacation mode?
- 2 When should You use Etsy vacation mode?
- 3 How to turn on Etsy vacation mode?
- 4 While your shop is on Vacation Mode
- 5 Things to do when in Etsy Vacation Mode
- 6 How to turn off Etsy Vacation Mode?
- 7 What to Do When you return from vacation mode?
- 8 Etsy vacation mode alternatives
- 9 FAQ on Etsy Vacation Mode
- 10 Conclusion on Etsy Vacation Mode
What is Etsy vacation mode?
When you’re not selling on Etsy, it’s customary to switch off your shop. When your store is closed for business (for example, during the summer months), simply put it in vacation mode. You won’t be taking orders while your store is in vacation mode since the buy button isn’t accessible. Your shop’s listings are also removed from the Etsy search.
An Etsy vacation mode message is displayed on your Etsy store to anybody who visits it, indicating that the shop is taking a break and will be back soon.
It might seem like suicide, but it does have its uses.
When should You use Etsy vacation mode?
When it’s clear that you can’t manage your business in the usual manner, whether you’re taking a holiday or just giving yourself some time to catch up on orders, you should switch to vacation mode.
Other reasons you might wish to use Etsy vacation mode.
- You are unwell
- You are on Vacation (Really)
- any other unplanned emergency
It’s only a momentary solution, and it’s not the same as shutting down your Etsy store.
How to turn on Etsy vacation mode?
If it’s clear that your business needs to be put on vacation mode for a while, simply click into the shop settings, go to Settings, then select options. and make sure Vacation mode – On is selected.
There is no defined time limit for Etsy Vacation Mode, and you may switch it off whenever you choose.
You can use Vacation Mode to take a break from running your Etsy store without stress.
To turn on Vacation Mode:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Choose Shop Manager.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Options.
- Tab the Vacation Mode tab.
- Change the vacation mode setting to On.
- Fill in a temporary shop announcement (Below is an example) and a Message auto-reply.
- Click Save.
Etsy vacation mode is a useful tool if you need to take your business on vacation. It allows you to put your store on hold for a certain amount of time, and it’s useful if:
- You’re unable to operate your business at the moment.
- An emergency prevents you from running your business.
- If you’re on the road or unwell,
- When you’re too busy to check your inventory, it’s time for a quick break to catch up on current orders.
You may customize an auto-reply that responds to any messages you get while on vacation.
While your shop is on Vacation Mode
Your Etsy shop
- The top of your shop page will show a notice stating that you’re going on a little vacation. The Add to cart button will be disabled.
- If someone searches for your exact shop name, your store will still come up, but it won’t show as an auto-suggestion in Search or other shopping tools.
- Your products wont appear in Etsy Search.
- Etsy members who view your store may sign up to be informed by email of your return.
- You’ll be able to access your transactions, cases, and messages.
- You may refund, cancel, and print Etsy shipping labels.
When your store is in Vacation Mode, you must still keep your buyer’s promises as a vendor. Fulfilling sold orders or participating in open cases will still be required.
Your Etsy Product listings
- You can make modifications to open listings in the same manner as you would when your shop isn’t on vacation.
- You can also create new items and save them as drafts. You will not be charged a listing fee until the item is actually published, whether you are on vacation or not.
- If you have auto-renew turned on for listings in your shop, these listings set to auto-renew will continue to be charged a renewal fee when they expire.
Your Etsy Plus Subscription
Vacation Mode does not affect your Etsy Plus membership if you have one. Your subscription will remain active.
We evaluate Star Seller status based on your shop’s performance on Etsy over the previous three months, regardless of whether it is in vacation mode.
If you return from vacation and fulfill the current review period’s Star Seller requirements, you’ll be entitled to a Star Seller badge.
Things to do when in Etsy Vacation Mode
Message to your buyers ( example included )
When you set your store on Etsy Vacation mode, you’ll need to publish an announcement to replace the one currently displayed in your shop.
Sample Etsy vacation mode Announcement:
Thank you for stopping by my (name of your shop) today. I’m taking a short break now so I can work on all of your lovely goods. During this time, I’ll still be responding to conversations with you and will get back to you as soon as possible.
I expect to be back in [ your return date here].
Shop Owner [ Your Name]
Remember these things when you’re sending out communications to your clients.
- Dont be shy
- Make it clear why
- Be natural but professional
- Give positive dates
- Dont make promises
You may also include an automatic reply message, which anyone who sends you a message on Etsy will receive. This option can be found on the same page.
How to turn off Etsy Vacation Mode?
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Choose Shop Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Select Options.
- Choose Vacation Mode.
- Change the option to Off.
- Click Save.
What to Do When you return from vacation mode?
Don’t put your Active shop up for sale until you’re confident you can go back. It might take a few days to fill your first order, depending on what you sell and how long you’ve been away.
Here are a few tips when you come back from Vacation Mode:
- Renew listings Give your listings a little boost by increasing their exposure.
- Add new listings It also establishes a good impression on Etsy by indicating that you are operating normally again.
- Shop refresh Creating a new shop banner may breathe fresh life into a business and make it feel brand-new once again.
- Suck it up Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself; just keep going and keep pushing.
- Some raise their prices With revenue growth slowing down, now might be the time to raise prices.
Returning from Etsy vacation mode is not always a negative experience.
Just keep in mind that with time, everything usually returns to normal. After vacation mode, several businesses report an increase in sales, especially if you have loyal returning consumers who enjoy you and your goods. If you can prepare for vacation mode ahead of time.
You may even announce to your clients that you will not accept new orders during this time period. It’s especially important if you’re a seasonal vendor and closes down your order schedule for Christmas.
If you’re back in business after a long absence, consider enlisting the help of a friend or family member for a short period. If you expect a backlog when you return, perhaps having a buddy or relative assist you might be an excellent solution. You may quickly resume your normal routine by doing so.
Finally, don’t worry; life happens. It’s sometimes beneficial to take a break, go on vacation, and rejuvenate yourself. Keep in mind that you run your Etsy business while still allowing it to be yours.
Etsy vacation mode alternatives
If you’re closing your Etsy store for vacation, there may be other options to keep it operating. Perhaps you don’t want to miss out on that rush of new purchases, or it’s time for your peak season. Alternatively, perhaps you just don’t want to take the chance of losing money.
You are running your shop not your shop running you.
What else can I do, though? Here are some alternatives to Etsy vacation mode.
- Extend the processing time; this is a fantastic approach to managing your client’s expectations without having to use vacation mode.
- Remove any listings that are taking a long time to prepare/produce.
- Do you have the ability to work remotely if you have a good internet connection? If so, use that option.
- Write to customers and inquire about their tolerance for longer processing periods.
- Take advantage of your absence to let someone else run your business for you. Card selling is an excellent illustration of this; simply instruct someone how to keep the books and complete sales.
FAQ on Etsy Vacation Mode
Should I put my Etsy shop on vacation?
It’s fine to take a break from selling as long as you have a plan for what you’ll do while it’s down. Although it does affect your Etsy rankings and many shop owners claim that it harmed their position in search, there is a purpose to it, and without it, you may never get a vacation.
It may be preferable on some occasions to take a break, catch up, and return stronger. We all need a rest from time to time, and worrying about your business will not help in the long run.
I believe that if you’re anticipating a potentially poor review, it’s best to take your shop on vacation. Nobody enjoys bad reviews, and they are always visible front and center.
Does Etsy vacation mode affect my shop?
It’s critical to manage your time well, there is no doubt about it – when you return, it will have an impact on the rankings of your search. It might take 3 days or 3 months for you to return to pre-vacation mode levels, depending on your business.
You might not get the same amount of traffic to your store from a search as you did previously while you were away.
Knowing this gives you a strategy for running your business in difficult circumstances.
However, this isn’t a reason to use vacation mode to relax, and in most situations, your things will return to their search positions in a short period of time.
What happens when you take a break from Etsy Shop?
If your listings aren’t showing in search, Etsy isn’t collecting data on how customers are looking for and interacting with your products. They’re going to use this data to put you in search of course, if no one purchases your goods, they won’t collect that information, therefore it’s a little pointless.
How long can I be away from my Etsy shop?
There is no precise timetable for shutting your business down during the summer, however, if you can restrict this period to what you require anything from a few days to a few weeks. Keep in mind that the longer you take off, the longer it’ll take for your sales to rebound as they were before.
Conclusion on Etsy Vacation Mode
Here is a quick rundown of what we covered in this post on Etsy shop vacation mode.
- What is Etsy Vacation Mode
- When should You use Etsy Vacation Mode
- How to put your Etsy shop on Vacation Mode
- How does Etsy vacation mode affect your shop
- How long should You use Vacation mode on Etsy
- Alternatives to Etsy Vacation mode
- What should You do when You return from vacation
When you need to take a vacation, set up shop in vacation mode on Etsy. Leave your shop accessible for a few days before returning it so that Etsy may locate your items again.
Don’t be scared of utilizing Etsy vacation mode, which is typically superior to receiving negative feedback from consumers. In the end, it’s better than nothing.
I’d like to share with you how to utilize Etsy vacation mode. Have you turned your store off for the summer?- How did it impact your sales and how much did it save you in terms of labor? Leave a comment below if that’s what happened.