Shopify Compass is an app that helps shopify store owners to monitor their shop’s performance, analyze traffic patterns and optimize conversions.
This article will take you through the benefits of using Shopify Compass, how it works and why it is so useful for both new and established stores.
Are you looking for some free e-commerce training to improve your game? Shopify Compass is a popular online resource that both novices and seasoned entrepreneurs use.
The Shopify compass is a free series of online Shopify training videos taught by industry leaders and experienced entrepreneurs.
Shopify Learn offers 13 courses in all, each addressing a different issue faced by e-commerce company owners. These topics include e-commerce SEO, dropshipping, email marketing, and more.
The good news is that all 13 courses are entirely free! Anyone may simply sign up for a free Shopify Academy account to access the training sessions and on-demand courses. (Note: This will be a separate account with a separate login if you already have a Shopify store account.)
In this blog post, we will take a closer look at each Shopify compass course:
1. Goal Setting
2. Creating a print-on-demand business
3. Google Ads for eCommerce
4. Product Photography
5. eCommerce Email Marketing
6. SEO Training for beginners
7. Grow your business with Instagram
8. Dropshopping 101
9. Getting started with Shopify
10. How to make money from your hobbies
11. Facebook Ads for Acquisition
12. Facebook Ads For Retention
13. How to design your Shopify Store
Shopify Compass course overview
Table of Contents
- 1 Shopify Compass course overview
- 1.1 #1. Goal Setting with Daymond John
- 1.2 #2. SEO Training for Beginners Course
- 1.3 #3. Google Ads for E-commerce Course
- 1.4 #4. Grow Your Business with Instagram
- 1.5 #5. E-commerce Email Marketing 101
- 1.6 #6. Build a Print-on-Demand Empire
- 1.7 #7. Product Photography for E-commerce
- 1.8 #8. How to Design Your Online Store (with Zero Design Experience)
- 1.9 #9. Getting Started with Shopify Course
- 1.10 #10. Facebook Ads for Beginners: Retention and Loyalty Training
- 1.11 #11. Advanced Facebook Ads: Customer Acquisition Training
- 1.12 #12. Turn Your Hobby Into a Business
- 1.13 #13. Dropshipping 101 Course
- 2 Shopify Compass FAQs
- 3 Closing Thoughts on Shopify Compass
#1. Goal Setting with Daymond John
This Shopify compass course is for you if you’re having trouble developing a blueprint for your long-term success. Daymond John, the Shark Tank investor who has gone from fashion mogul to Shark Tank mentor, teaches this lesson on e-commerce entrepreneurs how to set realistic objectives.
Daymond John’s class, in particular, will teach you how to run your business with a goal-oriented attitude, create measurable and meaningful goals, and build long-term business connections.
- How to Recognize the Importance of Setting Appropriate Goals and How to Organize Your Goals Effectively
- Creating a daily routine and sticking to it is one of the most important aspects of successfully completing your objectives. You can do so through little, everyday actions called micro habits.
- What you do after the failure is critical; how you use it to create goals that will work is even more important.
#2. SEO Training for Beginners Course
The value of a solid e-commerce SEO plan cannot be overstated. Customers enter your online store naturally through their searches when your SEO is effective. This implies that the costs of acquiring new consumers are much lower than those incurred through lead creation efforts on paid advertising platforms.
Shopify’s Experimentation Lead, Cassandra Campbell, who is in charge of the company’s SEO strategy, leads this SEO training course. This session goes through the fundamentals, making it ideal for anyone just getting started with their SEO efforts.
- How to do keyword research (including the use of tools and strategies)
- How to use keywords in your website’s content and structure your website.
- Creating a successful backlink campaign for your organization doesn’t have to be difficult.
#3. Google Ads for E-commerce Course
Trying to rank higher on Google by improving your website’s visibility may be a challenge, but getting your advertisements seen first on Google is another issue that Shopify Compass Academy addresses. In this course, you’ll learn from Daniel Patricio, a Shopify entrepreneur who grew his small online store into a six-figure operation.
The objective of this course is to provide you with an understanding of Google Ads, how it works, and how to effectively set up Search Ads, Display Ads, and Shopping Ads.
- How to make a campaign budget.
- The procedure for creating your first ad campaign.
- How to Make the Most of Retargeting Ads
#4. Grow Your Business with Instagram
There’s no doubting the significance of Instagram for e-commerce enterprises. Users check the app multiple times a day and are increasingly engaging, making it an ideal platform to develop your brand and connect with your audience.
Gretta Van Riel teaches Shopify Compass Academy’s course on everything Instagram over 16 million followers across her channels. From developing a sales funnel to maximizing each post, Van Riel uses real-world examples to ensure you get the most out of this course.
Finally, the objective of this class is to make students consider Instagram as a business tool rather than a social network.
- How to grow your follower count and interact with your community.
- How to Create an Instagram Sales Funnel
- How Instagram and email can complement each other in your company’s marketing efforts.
#5. E-commerce Email Marketing 101
Drew Sanocki is the host of the popular marketing podcast NerdMarketing.com and teaches this Shopify Academy course on email marketing. This session focuses on how important a business-owned channel is for reaching your target audience – an email list.
The first module of this course is a must-have for any Shopify store owner. You’ll learn how to create more effective email campaigns, which will help you save time and money.
- How to Create an Email Service Provider Account
- How to Automate Your Email Marketing to Make a Positive Impression on Your Bottom Line
- Strategies and templates for converting subscribers into purchasers.
#6. Build a Print-on-Demand Empire
If you want to use print-on-demand services, who better to learn from than Adrian Morrison? His print-on-demand company has reached seven figures in sales and he’s taught thousands of people how to start their own print-on-demand companies.
- What is a POD business, and what does it involve?
- How to Make Your Own brand-conscious Print-On-Demand Items
- How to expand your print-on-demand company and build an empire.
#7. Product Photography for E-commerce
Did you know that images are essential to about 67% of customers when making purchasing decisions? https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/opg154519q?_ga=2.95166804.914183442.1584915477-1567151440.1582583977&dnt=1&popover=true#?secret=seT0mIw0lo
If you haven’t already, Shopify Compass Academy’s photography class is for you.
This course, taught by Jeff Delacruz, the creator of Products On White Photography, provides you with insight into how to schedule a shoot and swiftly move from one stage to the next in order to produce the greatest photographs feasible.
- How to organize the perfect photoshoot.
- This is the skill of utilizing what you have at home to take great low- or no-budget product pictures.
- How can product photos help you grow your business?
#8. How to Design Your Online Store (with Zero Design Experience)
Stephan Peralta, the creator and creative director at Sovi Creative, has worked with companies in e-commerce for over six years. He is the founder and instructor of Shopify Academy’s course on building an online store.
You’ll assess the needs of your audience while you’re working your way through the fundamentals of e-commerce design. Then you’ll concentrate on brand identity and see it develop when you create your Shopify store.
- The three-step method for developing a successful store.
- How to use logos, color schemes, and other branding elements to create your own brand.
- How to Use the Shopify Theme Editor to Create a Customized Theme
#9. Getting Started with Shopify Course
If you’re looking to start a Shopify store, this is the course for you. Entrepreneur and e-commerce guru Samantha Renée walks you through how to set up your Shopify store and make your first sale.
This training aids in the establishment of long-term success for your company – by doing things right the first time, you can save both time and money.
- How to Become a Shopify Master.
- How to add goods to your store and accept payments
- Launch a successful Shopify shop with these tips.
#10. Facebook Ads for Beginners: Retention and Loyalty Training
In this training led by Ezra Firestone, you will learn how to use Facebook Ads Manager. You’ll be taken through the process of creating your first Facebook ad campaign and then instructed on how to make a retargeting campaign that targets people who have previously visited your website.
You’ll begin working on a client loyalty campaign to show your current consumers some appreciation from there.
- How to use Facebook Ads Manager.
- The inner workings of retargeting campaigns are discussed.
- How to utilize Facebook Analytics to your advantage.
#11. Advanced Facebook Ads: Customer Acquisition Training
Ezra Firestone is back for the Shopify compass Academy’s advanced Facebook Ads course. In this more in-depth exploration of Facebook advertising, you’ll learn how to attract new consumers to your business by nurturing existing customers.
- How to launch a fresh client acquisition campaign.
- What is interest targeting, and how does it work?
- How to Investigate Your Analytics to Make Decisions About How and Where to Spend Your Funds
#12. Turn Your Hobby Into a Business
If you’re trying to turn your own invention into a full-time job, the Kular family is an excellent place to begin. As a result, this course is recommended for those who wish to open a business before doing so in order to acquire a deeper grasp of how to start and manage it.
You will follow the Kular’s’ path to success as they went from providing cooking kits for her daughters to having Jaswant’s Kitchen items on the shelves of grocery stores across North America.
- How to get your product in front of consumers quickly and inexpensively.
- Tips for developing a shipping plan.
- What are the keys to a successful product launch?
#13. Dropshipping 101 Course
Dropshipping is an excellent approach to start an e-commerce company. Shopify Academy’s course led by Corey Ferreira is a wonderful place to begin if the logistics have prevented you from diving in. For example, he took his side business and expanded it into a six-figure income.
In this training, he discusses his blunders and the most difficult challenges he’s faced, providing you with a road map to avoid the most common pitfalls of drop shipping operations. The major takeaway from this course is to concentrate your business on an evergreen topic and to essentially ignore trends.
- How to determine the finest product to sell.
- The most effective way to find and attract the right audience for your product.
- How to use your profits to expand your company.
Shopify Compass FAQs
What is Shopify Compass?
Shopify’s Compass is an online series of Shopify training courses led by industry experts and seasoned entrepreneurs. There are 13 courses in total, each focusing on a different issue that eCommerce company owners will face.
Is Shopify Compass free?
Yes, Shopify Compass is a free training series for novices. You’ll learn how to improve your first Shopify store by adding marketing ideas and strong product photography.
Is Shopify easy to learn?
There are a lot of complicated features and settings with Shopify. It’s difficult for beginners to use, but it isn’t impossible. Even if you’re a novice who wants to set up a typical eCommerce store, the training courses will fill you in on everything you need to know.
Closing Thoughts on Shopify Compass
The ultimate goal of Shopify Compass Academy is to assist e-commerce entrepreneurs in creating online stores while earning money.
It is one of the most in-depth online e-commerce training courses with hands-on tours, professional instructors, and a comprehensive business template library.
At the end of the day, despite the courses being free, the quality of instructors and real-world experiences they provide make them a wise investment of your time.