Today we will start with the best Google Ads shopping campaign practices and high-performance tips for Furniture Industry. This article is for you if you own or are marketing for a Furniture business – Small or large. Google Ads Shopping Campaign For Furniture Industry
In case you are looking to start a shopping campaign for a different industry, check out our page, Google shopping Industries and you will find the right practices for your category. If you are looking for the best PLA practices for marketing and selling cars or 2-wheelers, keep reading further.
Table of Contents
- Is Investing in PLA a good choice for the Furniture Industry?
- How to take control of your shopping campaign?
- Best Negative Keywords for Furniture Industry
- Google Shopping Ad Extensions
Is Investing in PLA a good choice for the Furniture Industry?
I am addressing this because this is the first question I come across when I suggest Google shopping to any of my new/existing clients. If you already have PLA ads or are sure about using them, kindly move to the next heading in the article.
For those who are still skeptical about Product listing ads, with my experience, I can assure you that PLA can be one of the most profitable marketing platforms for the Furniture Industry for three reasons:
- Firstly, furniture is a high-value product, and so the profit margins are higher than usual. So you can afford to invest more in marketing than in other industries.
- It is not a very competitive Shopping Industry like Apparel, where competitors are huge in number and margins are cutthroat.
- Finally, PLA Ads are visually rich, thereby can lure a potential buyer to explore your business before anyone else.
I’m sure, being from the Furniture industry, you all are confident that Google Ads is a profitable marketing channel. Here let us understand if PLA/ Shopping Ads are better for your industry.
Investing in PLA/shopping ads will be better for you if
- Bids and daily budgets are variable terms and may differ for every merchant and even for the same products. However, for being profitable on Google Shopping, you should be able to invest a minimum amount of daily budget, so your shopping ads are always up and running throughout the day.
- Being from Furniture Industry, you have enough margins. As true for Google Ads in general, if you have tight margins, it is challenging to be flexible with the campaign/ budget. Getting profit out of such a campaign would be difficult. So add products with higher profit margins for starters, which is not that difficult a job in the Furniture Industry.
- You have a quality and well-structured website. Google emphasizes your website quality and links as part of its shopping algorithm to determine the website and merchant quality. Recently with Penguin 2.0 (A webspam Google algorithm), if you have a website that is still under-prepared and not as per Google’s standard, it may affect your performance on Google Shopping.
In case you haven’t listed yourself on Google shopping because of your concerns for PLA or you had some problem getting started, today is the day for you to begin your journey.
How to take control of your shopping campaign?
Even though Google has complete control over displaying shopping ads as there are no keywords involved, there is nothing that a well-executed shopping campaign cannot achieve.
Here, we are going to discuss tips and tricks that can grant you more control over your campaign. Suggestions that are apparent but hardly followed by a majority of the competitors. Let us go after them one by one:
Filling Product details
I cannot emphasize more on this step more. In fact, this is where the whole game can change for you. Filling in the correct and detailed Title and Description can help you achieve the best results as Google decides to show ads based on this data.
Fill in proper description details of product type, size, price, color, etc. will help you get noticed. So enter highly descriptive data into your products. Here are some more guidelines on Product titles and descriptions from Google to abide by for the better performance of the Products.
P.S.: Having more data can never penalize you or harm your campaign in any way.
Structuring shopping campaign:
A general mistake I observed amongst my multiple clients while managing a Shopping campaign is that since there are no keywords involved with this campaign, to save time and effort, they add all products to a single AdGroup or segregate them based on brand. Either way, this is the biggest mistake that you can do while handling the shopping campaign. Why? you ask.
Well, structuring your campaign this way is definitely easy, but it gives you no flexibility to control your campaign. While finding a solution, we figured out an approach that can help you achieve the desired results; we call it Single Product Ad Group a.k.a SPAG.
The concept is simple. While studying our clients and new customers, we realized that there was one common overlooked flaw in the campaign due to which the campaign performance is not up to the mark, i.e., structuring or organizing the campaign incorrectly.
Once we identified the problem, we found the most efficient way to organize shopping campaigns was by creating a single Ad group for every single product, thereby effectively capturing the performance of every individual product. To know more about SPAGs, read our article on single product ad groups: the secret to more effective Google Ads shopping campaigns.
Promotional Offers and Discounts
Adding promotional offers or current discounts to your shopping Ad (as shown in the image below) is highly recommended. These offers to act as an extension of your product description and have been observed to improve the CTR of your ad.
P.S. We will discuss them further in the article under shopping ad extensions.
Best Negative Keywords for Furniture Industry
You cannot ignore the importance of negative keywords for shopping campaigns, especially when Google shopping does not use keywords for campaign creation, negative keywords are an asset to improve your campaign productivity. Though accumulating Negative Keywords is an ongoing process, to begin, below are a few points to consider for Furniture Industry:
- Branded product ads are highly competitive and more expensive than non-branded ones; your first step should be to negate the brands that you are not dealing with. For example, you are only dealing with Ford cars as a brand, negating Toyota, BMW, Honda, Lexus, etc.
- The first negative list should be the Shared Negative list. As the name suggests, this is the list commonly shared by multiple campaigns in your Google Ads account. If there are certain search terms that give you unwanted clicks across many of your campaigns, you can create a list of such keywords and share it amongst the relevant campaigns.
- The Second Negative list is at the campaign level, here you put keywords as per your intuition, i.e., a list of keywords that apply to the entire campaign level. For example, if you sell Personal Furniture only, the foremost thing to put on your negative keywords list are keywords like two-wheelers, Commercial vehicles, vans, etc.
- Lastly, Curating negative keywords is mostly an ongoing process where you keep reviewing the performance, and over a period you have an exhaustive list of negative keywords.
To understand more in-depth about negative keywords, read How to find negative keywords for your Google Google Ads campaign.
Since we do not have keywords involved in Shopping campaigns, it is even more crucial to set up accurate conversion tracking. It helps us keep a track of clicks that resulted in conversions, which in return helps to better optimize the campaign performance.
Read more about How to set up conversion pixels for Shopping campaigns
P.S.: If you are a Shopify customer, here is our app that can help you set up your conversion pixel for a shopping campaign in 2 simple steps
Track Your Google Ads Conversions Quickly & Accurately with Our Conversion Tracking App, 👉 Install Now
Google Shopping Ad Extensions
Google Shopping ad extensions add life to your ads and make them more professional looking and trustworthy. There is no additional cost to use them. And they add weight to your existing Shopping Ad by positively impacting CTR. When used right, they can make you easily approachable and hence lead to better visibility for your potential customers.
Ad extensions work differently for different Industries. For Furniture Industry, here are a few ad extensions to consider:
Google Merchant Promotions
As discussed earlier, these extensions are promotional offers or discounts which can give you an edge over your competitors as they make your ads stand out and instantly incentivize your potential customer. Below is the screenshot of the same.
It can be used in case you are running offers like Free Test-drive or sign-up offers or festival discount codes or free gifts/accessories, etc.
Local Inventory Ad extension
These extensions allow customers to display real-time inventory and prices of the products. It not only describes the above but also helps locate the nearest store where you can find the product. Clicking the ad redirects the customer to the web page of the local store closest to the customer.
P.S.: It is critical to update the feed data in case of local inventory as you may lose a customer just because your lack of update mislead a customer.
Product rating extension
This is an important extension if you have a lot of competitors with similar products. Proving you are legit and better than your competitors becomes equally necessary in such cases. Product rating extension helps you exactly the same by evaluating your product reviews and ratings from across the web and then displaying them in the form of a star rating up to 5 stars (as shown in the screenshot below).
So if you have lots of customers who are happy to rate your product, this extension might just work wonders for you, especially for the Furniture industry, where people really do research and read reviews before buying as Furniture is a huge investment.
P.S. Similar to Search Ad extensions, Shopping extensions are still chosen by Google. It reserves the right to display or discard any extension for the ad at, anytime.
This was a short guide to getting started with the Google shopping campaign for Furniture Industry. The furniture Industry is one of the industries which are highly benefited from Google Ads shopping if done efficiently. In case you haven’t tried your hands on Google Ads for your business, we suggest you consider setting up a campaign right now!
If you still are not sure how to start or take your Google Ads campaign to the next level, consider signing up with AdNabu. You can automate campaign creation and optimize within minutes.
Be sure to Check our Other Google Shopping Ads related Articles Listed Below:
1. Google Ads Shopping Campaigns Guide.
2. Google Shopping Campaign For Apparel Industry.
3. Google Ads shopping campaign for Industry Tools.
4. Google Ads shopping campaign for Furniture Industry.
5. Google Ads Shopping Campaigns in 3 Simple Steps.