Google Shopping Ads is a platform that needs no introduction; being one of the best platforms for generating traffic and improved conversions, it has shaped the way eCommerce businesses scale and grow.
Being one of the most reliable eCommerce platforms, it certainly has a vast number of users. Yes, you guessed it right, more vendors on a platform = increased competition for the top spot!
However, what if we told you that there was a way out of this?
Yes, its possible! Only when you mastered the Google Shopping Feed for your eCommerce store can you come up with an improved ranking and better positions with improved sales! Product Feeds are the essence of Google Shopping as this platform doesnt target keywords to show results.
Now that you know how vital Google Shopping Feed is for your business, lets get started with the product feed itself:
Table of Contents
What is Google Shopping Feed?
A Google Shopping feed is a pathway to your eCommerce store, containing all the relevant information around all the available products in your store. It is like a spreadsheet that is organized conveniently to allow Google to navigate through and assign product attributes, only to populate it at the time of generating search results.
To put it in simple terms, Google Shopping feed is like a spreadsheet that comprises every information around your eCommerce store in a catalog format. The feed present in your store allows Google to easily navigate and keep an account of all the products you deal in, only to summon you later.
Now that you know what a feed is – lets check out some of its advantages.
Why Do You Need to Generate a Google Shopping Feed?
Listed below are some of the fundamental reasons to generate a Google Shopping Feed:
1. Improved Relevance of Your Ad
When you generate your Google Shopping feed, you are a step closer to fine-tuning your product data with Googles Shopping Ads algorithm.
Lets understand it this way:
When looking for a specific product on Google, the search engine uses certain factors (product identifiers, keywords, attributes, and categories) to populate the search results over your screen.
Interestingly, these factors are also a part of your feed and taken into account while Google is looking for the best match to suit a search query. Therefore, when you have a complete feed that aligns with Googles algorithm, you have a higher chance of showcasing your product over the search engine results page.
2. Increased ROI and Conversion
When you list ads for your business, your primary goal involves making more conversions and increasing revenues via sales. Further, when you invest a part of your budget in running different ads, you expect the best return on your investment (ROI).
Yes, we know the basics. However, it should be noticed that your investment goes hand in hand with your relevance.
Further, eCommerce stores are a matter of impressions. When visitors first visit your page, they expect a neatly developed feed to help them with all the required information in a planned manner.
On the contrary, if your potential buyers visit your website and dont find the required information they are looking for, theyll exit the website in no time.
Considering the chances of potential customers slipping away, dont you think generating a Google Shopping feed is the best idea?
3. Make Your Ads More Compelling
The rules and limitations of creating a product feed are the same for every vendor using the Google Shopping platform. However, what differentiates you from the existing users is how your feed is designed for the platform.
Google Shopping Ads is undoubtedly a crowded channel with millions of vendors competing for the SERP top spot. However, when you generate your feed, you are at a higher chance of standing out of the crowd with a different marketing approach.
Moreover, it lays down the product details with precision and takes complete care of the feed optimization.
4. Advanced Campaign Optimization Strategies Unlocked
When you go through the traditional process of creating a product feed, there is a high chance of missing out on your businesss details. Besides aligning the relevant information to the guidelines laid out by the platform, you might miss out on the additional attributes that help in taking your feed creation to the next level.
As mentioned earlier, Google Shopping Ads isnt a platform that works on keywords alone; it considers a group of relevant information to highlight search results.
Generating feed for your Google Shopping Ads becomes a necessity when you are in charge of running an eCommerce business across expanded geographies. The multiple categories of products and continuous campaigns working across different target zones require robust product data that regularly needs to be updated.
Now, if you decide to do it manually, you know that the chances to develop the perfect feed become slim. Reasons? Well, it is a time-consuming process, to begin with. Further, when you create it manually, you might miss out on many things.
So, what should be the immediate solution?
The answer is Google shopping feed generator!
They are the tools that help you create the XML feeds and update the information over your Merchant center. It updates all the required attributes like URLs, prices, name, description, and several other options.
Yes, we know it is of great help, and you might already be thinking of using one for your product feed.
The chances are that you might be greatly confused with the flooded options over the internet. The situation is confusing, but we have a solution for you!
Listed below is a recommendation of some useful Google Shopping Feed generators for you; check them out:
Some Useful Google Shopping Feed Generators
1. My Sitemap Generator
One of the most reliable tools to help create and manage your product feeds, My Sitemap Generator is a reliable offering for businesses of every shape and size. This application provides mobility at operations by allowing the users to synchronize their feeds with multiple platforms and their CRMs.
Offering subscription packages that roll out from $2.50USD, the application also provides a standard set that is free.
Features of My Sitemap Generator:
- Allows seamless automation options for varied routine processes
- Reliable customer support with an intuitive UI
- A plethora of custom attributes and filters to choose from
- Allows users to list variants by default
- Easy monitoring of all your Google Shopping listings over one single
2. Aten Software
Another excellent option for users who want to generate their feed, the Aten Software helps small to medium-sized merchants with a seamless running of their eCommerce stores.
Starting at a charge of $23.70/month, this platform provides a plethora of features, ranging from optimized feed templates for Google Shopping to easy integration with a vast number of platforms, including the likes of Bing and Facebook.
List of Features:
- Provides the users with an unlimited option for Products and Variations
- Comes with programming rules that are simple to follow
- Includes attributes for smart apparel
- Adds the attribute product_type automatically to your feed
- Highlight warning and error reports
The Bigcommerce Google shopping feed generator allows users to manage, create and optimize product feeds for multiple platforms like Facebook, Google besides over 50+ shopping channels across geographies.
Further, the USP of this platform is that it supports a wide variety of feed types, including the likes of .xml, .csv, .rss feed types, and .txt.
Features of using the Bigcommerce feed generator:
- Allows automatic updates of your Google feeds
- Includes an extensive list of product attributes to enhance your Google Shopping Feed
- Follows the inventory Rules, making it ready to be used by the search engines
- Optimizes product title
- Allows easy weight conversions across different product categories
4. AdNabu for Google Shopping
One of the most reliable software for generating Google Shopping feed, AdNabu is paired with several features for eCommerce stores. It allows every essential operation over Google Shopping Ads, ranging from optimizing the existing campaign budget to automating feed operations.
A viable solution for growing eCommerce companies, AdNabu for Google Shopping is free for basic use and goes up to $299 per month.
Features of AdNabu for Google Shopping:
- Allows easy mapping of any suggested metafield to the Google Shopping attribute
- Supports multiple currencies, making it easy to run campaigns across geographies
- Allows easy integration of product reviews in the product feed.
- Intuitive UI for easy processing of operations
Listed above were our top suggestions for the ideal Google shopping feed generator for your business. Now, lets proceed with an example of how these generators work to make feed creation and management easy for your business.
In the given scenario, we will be using the example of My Sitemap Generator. Lets have a look:
How Does Google Shopping Feeds Generator Work?
Step 1: My Sitemap Generator uses multiple crawler indexes to navigate through a website and extract all the relevant pieces of information.
Step 2: In the next stage of the processes, the application uses the Open Graph microdata and Schema.org, besides using its algorithm to define the products offered.
Step 3: The received data is then converted into an XML format that is acceptable by Google Merchant services.
Step 4: Later, these XML feeds update the Google database and include all the relevant pieces of information present inside the feed.
Google Shopping Feed FAQ
How do I create a Google Shopping feed?
To create your own Google Shopping feed, you need to follow the suggested steps:
Navigate to the Feeds -> Products in your Merchant Center account. Now, click on the + button present in the primary feed section.
Now, you need to follow the guidelines and input the relevant pieces of information as listed below:
- Country of sale: Your country of sale is the targeted region where you want to sell your products. You should always include the relevant currency in your country of sale.
- Language: Input the language in which your product feed will be written.
- Destination: Under this option, you can either select or multiple feed destinations to determine individual Google features that can use the items in your data feed.
- Set your primary feed name: Now, you need to enter a descriptive name for your primary feed. This name will help you identify the name of your feed.
- Google Sheets: Now that you are done with the relevant settings, its time to upload your data with the help of the Google Sheets template or by using an existing Google Sheet.
- Input the file name: Now that you have provided all the relevant information, its time to name the product file. Remember, you should keep the same name that you had previously used for the valid extension.
Once you are satisfied with all the information you have provided, its time to click Continue and view your primary feed over the Feeds section under Google Merchant Centre.
- Write individual names for different primary feeds
- You can always change the feed name by editing the primary feed settings
- If you want to upload a feed manually, click on the 3-dot icon around the processing tab and proceed with the dropdown
How do I integrate with Google Shopping?
The steps to integrate with Google Shopping are simple; you need to follow these three steps:
Step 1: Under the admin section, head out for Integrations.
Step 2: Choose Settings
Step 3: Move to the Google Shopping section, followed by a click on the Integrate button.
How do you rank on Google Shopping?
Listed below is the traditional way to rank yourself over Google Shopping:
Step 1: Begin your journey by filling up the products rating interest form provided by the search engine.
Step 2: Ensure that every product in your store has more than 50 reviews through Google reviews.
Step 3: However, in a situation where you have collected your reviews via a third-party aggregator, you should get in touch with the provider for getting your Product Ratings on Google.
Step 4: Input the Merchant Center Account ID, Merchant name, target country, Home page URL, and other relevant details.
Step 5: Hit on the submit button for placing your ranking.
Is Google Shopping Free?
No, Google Shopping is a monetized platform that requires you to spend money on publishing ads.
How do I optimize Google Shopping?
Listed below are some of the ways in which you can optimize your Google Shopping:
- Optimize your product feed.
- Divide products into ad groups.
- Optimize your campaign structure.
- Add relevant product attributes to your feed
- Find the products that sell better and those which dont
- Exclude the products that dont bring profits.
- Include a negative keyword strategy.
- Subdivide your negative keywords.
Does Google Shopping increase sales?
Yes, Google Shopping increases your sales by showing your products above the search engines organic search results. Its your only chance to make it to the top of the search engine page!
To sum it up, your Google Shopping feed is one of the essential parts of your entire Shopping campaign as everything depends on how well you have structured your feed.
Now that you have understood your way around mastering Google Shopping feed, we wish you luck with your upcoming campaign.