How to Change Store Name on Shopify in 2022?
Changing your store name on Shopify can be a hassle, but making your store look and feel its best is worth it. This article will show you how to change your store name quickly and easily.
We’ll also provide tips on making your store more accessible and user-friendly. So whether you’re looking to change the name of your Shopify business entirely or just add a new name, we’ve got you covered!
Table of Contents
- 1 Does your Shopify store name matter?
- 2 When Should You Change Shopify Store Name?
- 3 Things that you need to keep in mind when choosing a new Shopify store name
- 4 How To Change Shopify Store Name?
- 5 Can you change your domain name on Shopify?
- 6 FAQs Related to How to change your store name on Shopify
- 7 Conclusion
Does your Shopify store name matter?
The business name you choose is essential for your Shopify store. Not only does it have to be catchy and descriptive, but it also needs to be keyword rich so that your customers can find you easily when they are searching for products or services that match their interests.
It’s worth spending some time Researching potential names for your online store before making a decision. Many resources are available on the internet, including bookstore websites and blog posts written by experts in the field.
Additionally, several tools are available, such as Google Adwords Keyword Planner or SEOmoz’s keyword tool, which can help you identify opportunities and target keywords relevant to your business goals.
Finally, remember that the title of your store must be included in all search engine results pages (SERPs). So if you’re not happy with how your current Store Name or Logo looks on SERPs, take steps to improve them now!
When Should You Change Shopify Store Name?
There are many reasons why changing the name of your Shopify store should be a priority for any business owner:
Reason 1: If the name no longer accurately reflects the content or product offered by the business.
Reason 2: The competition – Are there similar-sounding stores doing well? If so, chances are that yours won’t be distinguished enough from theirs if you keep the same name. Your goal should be to create a unique brand that differentiates your business from others on these platforms.
Reason 3: Targeting Different Markets – Do you have products that fit better under one store heading or fall under another? For example, you sell fitness apparel but also offer home fitness equipment (such as gym machines. It might make sense to merge these two categories into “Fitness.” Additionally, using keywords throughout your branding can help boost traffic and sales across all areas of your site.
Reason 4: Legal Action- If legal action has been taken against either party associated with either domain (name).
Reason 5: Start using rich keywords that are more aligned with what you’re selling so that they appear in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Reason 6: If there is a conflict between the store’s name and its geographic location.
Reason 7: you need to consider trademark issues if you’re using someone else’s intellectual property (IP) without permission.
Things that you need to keep in mind when choosing a new Shopify store name
How to Change Store Name on Shopify , When changing your new store name, some basic guidelines should be followed:-
- First and foremost, make sure that the name is legally defensible (e.g., it doesn’t infringe on any trademarks or copyrighted materials).
- Next, choose a name that accurately reflects what your store does (for example, if you sell photography products, then call yours PhotoLab).
- Finally, ensure that the new name isn’t too similar to another existing Store on Shopify (this can result in potential negative feedback and lost sales).
There are a few ways that you can change your Shopify store name. You can change the mobile app and your website’s admin profile.
Change the Shopify store name by the Shopify mobile app (iOS or Android)
If you have an iOS or Android device, you can easily change the name of your store by using the Shopify mobile app. The app is free to download from the App Store and Google Play store and requires no sign-in or registration.
Here is a step-by-step Guide on how to change the Shopify store name by the mobile app (iOS or Android):-
Step 1. Launch the Shopify app on your mobile device.
Step 2. Open up the Shopify mobile app on your iOS device or Android phone.
Step 3. Navigate to Store > Settings> General and then click on Store Name at the top of the page.
Step 4. Enter a new name for your store and confirm that it is correct by clicking the Save button at the top of the page.
Change Shopify store name by the Shopify admin website
Here is a step-by-step Guide on how to change your Shopify store name by the Shopify admin website:-
Step 1. log in to your Shopify admin area and go to “stores”.
Step 2. Under the store, you want to rename, click on the “Settings” Page.
Step 3. On the settings > General, under “Shopify Stores,” there you will find store details; scroll down until you see a section called “Store Names.”
Step 4. Enter your new name for this store in the textbox next to “Store Name.”
Step 5: Click on the Save button when finished.
Can you change your domain name on Shopify?
How to Change Store Name on Shopify, Yes! You can change your Shopify domain name.
When you create a Shopify store, you will automatically be given the domain name “shopify.com”.
This is your default and primary domain name, pointing to your store’s website. If you want to use another domain name other than “shopify.com”, you need to purchase that domain name and point it at shopify.com instead, a secondary domain.
Whereas the username/subdomain is unique and can not be changed.
You can also register multiple domains with Shopify, but only one of them can be designated as your primary domain name.
Changing your domain name on Shopify is a relatively straightforward process that can be done using Android or the Shopify Panel.
Change the Shopify Domain name by the Shopify mobile app (iOS or Android)
If you’re using the Shopify mobile app (iOS or Android), you can easily change your domain name by following these steps:-
- Open the app, navigate to Store > Sales Online store and select “Domains” from the main menu.
- From Domains, you can click on your “Primary domain” to view its details (including its current URL).
- You then need to find and select the “Manage Custom Domains” button next to it.
- You can input a new custom domain name for your store on this page. Once you have done this, save both changes by clicking on the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
- Once confirmed, your new domain should be live within minutes!
Note: Check out the Shopify complete guide for more detailed instructions!
Change the Shopify Domain name by the Shopify admin Panel.
Changing your domain name on Shopify is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps.
How to Change Store Name on Shopify?
To change the Shopify Domain name by the Shopify admin Panel, follow these steps:-
1. First, log in to the “Shopify Account,” enter your registered Email address and Password, and select the “Online Store” from the dashboard.
2. Under “Online Store,” click on “Domains.”
3. Under Domains Click on “Change primary domain”.
4. Enter the new store domain name in the text field and click on the Save button.
5. Refresh your page to see the updated domain name.
Once you have entered the new domain name into the ‘New Domain’ field, hit ‘Update’ to update your DNS records with GoDaddy or Namecheap, or Google Cloud Platform.
Finally, verify that the change was completed by clicking the refresh button.
Your old domain name will now be deleted from your store, and all associated pages and files will redirect to your new domain name.
Can I change the store name on Shopify?
Yes, you can change your Shopify store name.
This simple process requires access to your admin area and the ability to create new pages or posts. Once you are in your admin area,
- Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘General.’
- From General, go to Stores and select the store you want to edit. On the right-hand side of the page, under ‘ Store Name,’ click on ‘ Edit. ‘ You will then be able to enter a new name for your store.
- Make sure the name is appropriate and legible so that customers can easily find it when browsing through stores.
- Once you have entered your new name, click on ‘ Save.’
Can you change your Shopify store URL?
Yes, you can change your Shopify store URL. This is a great way to improve the SEO ranking of your store and make it more visible to potential customers.
To do this, go to Settings > Store Info and click on the Edit Store URL.
You can enter a new store URL, edit the current one, and click on the Save button.
Include the https:// prefix if your site is hosted on a secure domain!
How do I change my Shopify name on Google?
Changing your Shopify name on Google is a simple process that can be done in minutes.
- The first step is to log in to your account dashboard and go to “Settings” > “Google Shopping.”
- You will need to enter the new name for your store and click on “Update settings.”
- Finally, confirm the change by clicking “Yes, update settings now.”
- Your new shop name should appear in search engine results when customers type in keywords related to fashion or shopping.
What do I do if my store name is taken?
If your store name is taken, there are a few things that you can do to protect your business. You may wish to consider registering your store name with a domain registrar like Go Daddy or NamesConnexion.
This will give you exclusive rights to the name and help prevent others from using it without permission.
Additionally, you can file a trademark application through the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) or in other countries where trademarks are registered.
Filing a trademark application shows that you have invested time and money into developing your brand, so potential consumers should be aware of this before making any decisions about buying products from your store.
Finally, make sure that all of your marketing materials (e-mail newsletters, social media posts, etc.) include the correct spelling of your store’s name and the URL address for easy access by customers. By following these simple precautions, you can truly ensure that no one takes away your store name!
We are glad that we have shared all the information on how to change your Shopify Store’s name. I hope it is easy now. This guide will give customers a professional experience when visiting your store. Just do as per the given steps, and the new name of your store will be ready in no time.
Are you using something else to change the name of your store? Share it with us in the comment section.