How to Add a Google Product Category for Shopify?
If you’re looking to sell online and using Shopify, you may wonder how to add a Google product category for your store. Google product categories are a great way to organize your products and make it not difficult for customers to find the products they are looking for.
Let’s go! This article will show you how to add a Google product category to your Shopify store. We’ll also provide tips on how to improve your store’s search engine rankings and visibility.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Google Product Category?
- 2 The Benefits of Creating a Google Product Category for Shopify
- 3 The Requirements for Including a Product in a Google Product Category for Shopify
- 4 How to add Google Product Category on Shopify – Step-by-Step Guide
- 5 What are the guidelines for Google Shopping Category for Shopify?
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Google Product Category?
A Google Product Category (GPC) is a type of category that you can add to organize your product listings.
A Google Product Category (GPC) is a way to organize your products on Google Shopping by category. This can be beneficial if you want to make it easier for customers to find the product they are looking for, and it can also help you with your marketing efforts.
Creating a Google product category is a great way to organize your products and make it more effortless for customers to find and purchase them on Google shopping. After creating the category, add your products to it and start promoting! Doing this will aid you in ranking higher in search results and increase your sales.
Additionally, product categories can be helpful for SEO – making it easier for customers to find your store so, whether you’re looking to streamline your product catalog or boost your online sales. To get started, click the link below and enter the details of your product category. Good luck!
The Benefits of Creating a Google Product Category for Shopify
- Creating a Google product category for Google shopping on Shopify can help you organize and categorize your products more efficiently for customers. This can make it more manageable for them to find the products they are looking for and reduce the number of times they need to search through your entire inventory.
- By grouping related products under one launchpad, you can maximize potential sales and grow your customer base organically. By making it painless for customers to quickly see what all of your products have in common (rather than sifting through individual listings), you can encourage them to buy multiple items instead of just one.
- Additionally, you will see increased conversion rates and greater customer satisfaction with accurate product descriptions and images associated with each product category.
- Your clients will get more attention from syncing your Shopify shop with Google, which you still miss. Google now runs the eCommerce industry.
The Requirements for Including a Product in a Google Product Category for Shopify
When you’re thinking about including a product in a Google Product Category for Google Shopping, there are some requirements that you need to meet:-
- First and foremost, your product must be eligible for inclusion. This means that it should satisfy both the features and quality guidelines set forth by Google.
- Your product must also be legal and conform to all local laws.
- Once your product is included in the category, you need to make sure it’s easy for buyers to find and purchase by giving accurate details and product descriptions. You can do this by setting up good on-page SEO practices and creating compelling copy that accurately describes what your products offer.
- Finally, ensure you have an active marketing strategy so potential customers know what’s available through the categorization!
How to add Google Product Category on Shopify – Step-by-Step Guide
To add a Google product category on Shopify, follow these steps:-
Step-1: Log in to your Shopify account and go to the “Apps” page.
Step-2: Click on “App for Google Shopping Feed” at the top of the Apps page and select “+Add New Product Category.”
Step-3: Enter a name for your new product category (e.g., “Jewelry”), choose whether you want it to be public or private, and indicate which products or accessories it will include (e.g., only jewelry). Then click Save & Close.
Step-4: Enable taxonomy synonyms in your Google Merchant Center settings by going to Account/Settings/Shipping Settings / Taxonomies.
Step-5: (Optional) You can also configure filters within this setting if you would like certain products not included in your newly created product category (for example, if you don’t sell any clothing).
What are the guidelines for Google Shopping Category for Shopify?
To be placed in Google Shopping, your product feed must meet a few guidelines to be placed in Google Shopping, including a high-quality and accurately representing of the brands or categories you sell. Additionally, your listings should have accurate product images that reflect the quality of your items.
To ensure this happens automatically for you, use Google Seller Tools to add custom backlinks and optimize your listing for better search engine ranking.
Plus, don’t forget to submit regular product updates, so consumers always have the most up-to-date information about what’s new with your products.
Some specific guidelines can help you add increased product data:
Step-1: Select either the ID or the Product Category.
The predetermined category list also includes unique ID numbers for each. Take precautions when enrolling. You can enter your product under an ID or a category. Use only one.
If no category matches the product, you can also personalize the product category. Use the product type [product type] attribute to personalize the product category.
Step-2: Use the English language as a Universal.
The predefined language criteria are sometimes unavailable to unique brands. Other languages aren’t able to access the product codes. You can now describe them using English or numbers, whichever you prefer.
Step-3: Pick the category that best describes the product.
Based on your product functionality, choose a category. You might add them as Home > Women > Kurtas> Fancy Kurtas (ID) if you’re selling female kurta wearings.
Step-4: Select the Possible Fixed Category.
Try to choose the most specific product category possible. Like, if you are a seller of Tablets, use the Electronics, then Computers category,
Electronics > Computers > Tablet Computers
Step-5: Use the Recently Updated Categories
Avoid categories published before August 2011. To obtain the most recent product data, contact Google merchant center support.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add a product category to Google products?
Adding a product category to Google products is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps:
- First, go to the PRODUCTS tab on your Google homepage and select New Category.
- Next, enter the name of your new product category in the Name field and click Save. You’ll now see this new category listed under CATEGORIES on all of your Product pages (as well as any product pages that you might have linked from other sites).
- Once you’ve added a new product category, you must ensure that your categories are correctly labeled so shoppers can find what they’re looking for. To do this, follow these simple guidelines:
- Make sure each product in your category has its unique title.
- Use short names for your categories instead of long labels like “Health & Wellness” or “Beauty.
Is Google product category necessary?
No, Google Product Category is not necessary. But creating a Google product category gives your website more visibility in SERPS (search engine results pages). This can be advantageous for multiple reasons, including increased traffic and better search engine rankings.
Users who type in a specific topic of interest, such as fashion or travel, will likely find your content related to that topic if you have created a Google product category specifically for those topics.
Additionally, having a Google product category can help people find the information they’re looking for faster.
If all relevant information is grouped within one place on your website instead of scattered throughout different pages and posts, users will be more likely to click through to learn more about what they need.
How to Add Your Products to a Google Product Category for Shopify?
It can be oppugning to find the right keywords and categories for your products when you’re selling online, but that doesn’t have to be the case.
With Google Product Category for Shopify, it is easy to add your products to relevant product categories that are popular with shoppers on Shopify.
- To get initiated, first, log in to your Google Merchant Center account and click on “Products.”
- Next, select a category from the available options (Home & Kitchen) and enter your product names in the corresponding fields. Be sure to choose a suitable keyword phrase for each product so that you appear high up in search results for related queries.
- Click on “add category” at the bottom of the page to add your new category. You will then obtain an email notification confirming Category creation has been successful.
- Now all you need do is promote this newly created category by promoting links back onto http://www.shopify.com.
Creating a Google product category is essential in improving your Shopify shopping experience. By categorizing your products in a specific way, customers can more easily find the products they’re looking for. This blog post will take you through creating a product category for your Shopify store.
By following the simple guidelines in this blog, you’ll be on your way to creating a flourishing product category! Do you think making a Google product category for Shopify stores is necessary? Let us know in the comments below!